The girls had their Christmas Choir concert tonight and it was the perfect way to start all of the "Christmas things" we had going on in the month of December. Loved it so much! It makes me so happy that they are both in choir this year. Mackenzie got to sing O Little Town of Bethlehem with her friends, and Madi was very happy that Jr high got to sing Mary Did You Know.
On top of doing so many beautiful Christmas songs, they also sang Be Thou My Vision, which is always my favorite. Back in the Spring of 2018 when we were in a hard spot & praying about switching schools, I went to CHA's Heritage Banquet with some friends. We had started the enrollment process at CHA, but we were still praying that God would give us clear direction that we were making the right decision. As I sat at that dinner table, a group of young kids, (I'm pretty sure it was the PreK kids who would be Jonah's class the following year), took the stage. They began to sing the Hymn "Be Though My Vision" and it was like the clearest message from God to me. We had been asking him for wisdom to see...and this gave me the confirmation and confidence that CHA was where God was leading us. So this song is kind of like my theme song for CHA & is so special to me. I loved that the Christmas program ended with it tonight.
More than any academic lessons learned during their school years, my deepest prayer is that they would learn to live by the words of this song...
Riches I need not, nor vain, empty praise,
Thou mine inheritance, now and always,
Thou and Thou only, first in my heart,
It is just very hard to sit still for more than a few minutes when you're 2! Jack did get excited when he saw his sisters up there though!
Beauties!
The cutest little bros ever!
The girls went to Chick-fil-A with friends afterwards. When I realized that HTeaO was right next door, that's where I went while I waited for them!
My first HTeaO...6 out of 10...I don't quite know what the fuss is about, but whatever!
I Heard the Bells
Be Thou My Vision
Carol of the Bells (not the best video...Jack was not cooperating at all right at this moment!)
Mackenzie sang a quartet with her friends Grace, Shelby and Abigail
Madi REALLY wanted to sing Mary Did You Know, so I'm very glad she got to!


























No comments:
Post a Comment