Thursday, August 11, 2022

Bible Point Hike

The plan for Thursday morning was for Brian to take Jonah on a hike, just the two of them, while we were in Estes Park. Somehow, we all got talked into going at the last minute. Brian assured us that it was only 1.6 miles round trip and "not too bad at all." (insert eye-rolling emoji here) The incline was very much uphill and it was downright steep most of the time. It felt like way, way more than 1.6 miles...did I mention that I was wearing flip flops?! That worked fine for me in NYC, but hiking in the mountains was a different story. Not a good plan! We made it though, with minimal whining, and now that the dust has settled (literally), I'm glad we all went! 
This trail was called Bible Point. There were Psalms pertaining to the mountains all the way up the trail. We stopped and took turns reading them on the way up, as best we could while gasping for breath!
"I lift up my eyes to the hills, for where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, Maker of heaven and earth." Psalm 121
Can't believe Jonah turns double digits in a few short weeks!
My poor feet!

No comments:

Post a Comment