Thursday, December 16, 2021

Poppa Santa

Our evening took a surprising twist right after dinner, when GMa called and said she and Rex were in the city and wanted to stop by. We were all excited to see them, and I didn't think anything of it. Then our doorbell rang again...hmm...wonder who that could be?! I carried Jack to the front door & much to my great surprise, it was SANTA!!! I almost burst into tears! There stood my Poppa Jim, dressed in the Santa costume that my Grandma Jean made for him when I was a baby. My Poppa is something else! The very BEST!! He also did this when Mackenzie was a baby. I can't even express how much it means that he is here to do this with my kids. Now I understood why my Mom made up some excuse to come up for a visit. She didn't want to ruin the surprise, but she wasn't about to miss out on this visit from Santa Poppa! 
Jack wasn't too sure what to think at first, but all of the kids took turns sitting on Santa Poppa's lap and getting an early Christmas present. This was a very welcome break from studying for finals and doing all the things tonight. You're never too old for a visit from Santa!
Oh, my heart!! I'm pretty sure this is my favorite memory from all of Christmas this year!
Cutest. Christmas. Pic. Of. All. Time.
I can just hear my Poppa saying "Anybody home?"
Looking a little worried at first...
But that didn't last long when he realized it was Poppa!

No comments:

Post a Comment