We spent Wednesday and Thursday night at GMa's house for Christmas, and as always, had the best time! The weather was abnormally warm & there was even talk of potential tornadoes...Oklahoma weather is so weird. The kids got to play outside and even go fishing though, so that was fun! Poppa and Louise came over for dinner Wednesday night, and then spent most of the day Thursday with us too. We had fun decorating gingerbread houses before opening presents. Isn't decorating gingerbread houses just one of the best parts of Christmas?! I always love to see how different everyone decorates them. And YES--I took a million pictures of this! Another fun thing we did this year was a charcuterie board. This was my first time to ever do one of these, and it was so fun to snack on all of that yummy goodness all day long!
As always, GMa went above and beyond & spoiled us all with way too many gifts. She really is the very best! Jack's favorite gift was definitely the slide GMa got for him. We ended the night by watching Rudolph, of course!
Christmas at GMa's can be summed up with these words...fun, special, love, generosity, happy, joyful, festive, delicious...just to name a few!
I love this quote below..."As a grown-up, I've learned that all that "Christmas Magic" I felt as a kid was really just a mom who loved me so very much!" I mean...I'm FEELING that! Christmas is a LOT of work for moms! And even at 39 years old, my mom still makes Christmas feel magical for me! I hope my kids feel this way about me when they are grown someday too.
I had this last minute idea on Thursday morning to make something with Jack's handprint on it for GMa. I had no plan whatsoever when I started, but this is what I ended up with...I love it so much & so did GMa!!
Here are some Wednesday night pics! Poppa came dressed as Santa again, to see Carver. His hair was hilarious!
Cheers!
I don't even know what was going on...it was like the Alfred Hitchcock movie "Birds" in GMa's front yard!
Carver decided he didn't want to decorate a gingerbread house, so GMa got to do one with us!
I "helped" Jack with his house!
I thought this was funny...pretty much sums up the weather this week.
And finally, after making the kids wait all day, it was present time! GMa somehow manages to always find the cutest wrapping paper in the entire world EVERY YEAR!
Oh, but first...pictures! =0)
Last year, we didn't get to have Christmas with Clint and Abigail and Carver, due to covid. So thankful we could all be there this year!
Poppa and Louise got Jonah a fitbit, which he wanted so bad!
Why does Mackenzie look so old?!
Mack asked for a lot of books this Christmas. I think its easy to see that she was happy to get them!
Madi started to not feel well right as we were starting to open presents. She gets ocular migraines occasionally and I think that's what happened. I was so sad about this! She had been so excited all day long about opening presents, and this really put a damper on things for her. She still opened presents, she just didn't feel very good. As soon as we were done, she went and laid down. A few hours later, she started to feel a little better.
It makes my heart so happy that she still wants new clothes for Pony!
Jack was not exactly cooperative during present opening. There was a lot going on...and a lot of wrapping paper flying through the air!
Oh and I think he was hot! Once we took his shirt off, he settled down.
Jonah helped Jack open his big present, which was the slide from GMa.
I was a little nervous at first, but it only took him a few times to figure out how to climb up and slide down. I bet he went down this thing 100 times that first night!
Jonah and Carver had fun with this slide box!
New matching coats!
Can't have Christmas without a little dance party in the kitchen!
Woah...
Madi wrote a poem for GMa! It was so sweet & of course it made GMa cry.

No comments:
Post a Comment