Saturday, December 25, 2021

A Very Merry Christmas Morning

We started out Christmas morning with our tradition of the kids singing at the top of the stairs to wake us up. Every year this happens, I give myself a little pat on the back and think to myself "this is the most genius idea I've ever had!" LOL! I don't have to worry about waking up at 5:00 AM or missing them running downstairs to see what is under the tree this way! And we get to hear their sweet voices singing Christmas songs to us on Christmas morning. Definitely the best idea ever! 
I love Christmas morning for so many reasons. I obviously know that the real meaning of Christmas has nothing to do with gifts. And I KNOW that I always go overboard with Christmas presents. I really do try not to...it just somehow always ends up happening! But here's the thing...kids grow up so fast & I want my kids to look back and remember very fun Christmas mornings at home. And it is FUN to buy them things! Our kids know that Santa isn't a real person who comes into our house on Christmas Eve to leave a bunch of presents. We don't want to lie to them about that. But we still have fun with it and "pretend" that Santa left presents. The big presents this year were a cool bookshelf with some books for Mackenzie, a Chromebook with the case and mouse for Madi, a Pirate Ship Lego set for Jonah, and a 4-wheeler for Jack. And stockings, of course! Then the kids each had 5 gifts to open from us. 
Mackenzie:
Little Women book, AirPods, Slytherin scarf, HP embroidery set, and the White cyber crystal for her light saber. 
Madi:
Sharpie set & notebook, Alexa, Pig Warmie, Wet Brush set, and a set of fidgets. 
Jonah:
 A lamp for his room (which he's been asking for forever), Bakugans, Droid tool kit, Jeans & a kitty, and a Bakugan case & book.
Jack:
Winnie the Pooh cudleez, Book/Piano set, a crawling tunnel, Mickey Mouse remote control car, and a huge package of balls for his new ball pit! 
After the excitement of opening presents died down, we made our traditional Christmas morning breakfast, before getting ready and heading to Lake Eufaula.
I can't think of any better way to spend Christmas morning, than being at home with my beautiful family. I know that Christmas can be a very hard time of year for many people, and I don't ever want to take for granted how blessed we are.
Christmas gifts are great...but the biggest gift we have ever received is Jesus! That God would send his son in the form of a baby, to be a perfect, sinless sacrifice...to die on a cross so that we can be made right with God...yes, that my friends, is the best gift in the history of...ever! 
So, Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday to Jesus!
Jack was still trying to wake up!
I asked Jonah what he wanted for Christmas, and his response was...
"Maybe some jeans...and a Cat." LOL! This boy makes me laugh!
So here it is...a pair of jeans & a cat. I don't think this is exactly the kind of cat he was wanting, but its the only kind I was willing to buy!
Madi fessed up a few hours after present opening, and told me that Jack got in my closet and dug this Wet Brush set out and carried it to her one day. Hahaha! So it wasn't a surprise, but she still loved them!
Here is her reaction to getting airpods! This was not something she was expecting, so it was a very fun surprise!
Madi was very excited about her Alexa! 
I found this Winnie the Pooh onesie at Wal-Mart on clearance for $3 the day before Christmas, so I just had to get it! I'm not sure who liked it more, Madi or Jack!
Love my babies so much!! 
Time to eat now!!
Jonah couldn't wait to get started on his pirate ship!

No comments:

Post a Comment