Thursday, August 15, 2019

1st day of 1st Grade

This boy!! I can hardly stand the cuteness!! He was looking so handsome for his first day of 1st grade! Jonah looks a lot like Uncle Clint did at this age, to me. I have a love/hate thing with the first day of a new school year...its always a bit exciting and nice to get back in the swing of things, but then its also sad when the house is quiet and yet another summer of their childhood has come to an end. Jonah loves school & loves to learn...he works very hard & he plays hard too! I'm always so anxious to pick the kids up on the first day, to hear all about how their day was. Jonah had a great first day! He was excited to tell me that he obeyed and didn't "blurt anything out" or get in trouble today! #firstgradegoals
I am so very thankful for God's provision when it comes to our kids' education...sometimes I forget what a huge deal it is that we are able to have them in a private Christian school. Praising God for His goodness today! 
I packed extra special lunches on the first day of school...it didn't take long before switching back to Lunchables, but hey, at least we started out on a good note! 
Of course we always have to build in time for a photo shoot on the first day of school! 
Last years first day of school pic...he definitely looks a year older now! 
I love it that the 1st grade has its own little hallway. 
We will miss Mrs. Garner this year, but I know Jonah will love Mrs. Crabb too! 
So happy to be back together again! These two are pretty inseparable! 
Aww!! This one almost makes me cry...I definitely left a little piece of my heart behind as I drove off from the school! The parents sit in the back of the auditorium & after Mrs. Low prays and rings in the new school year, the kids file out with their teachers...well, Jonah stopped to kiss his Momma on his way out! Oh. My. Heart.
Doing their special handshake at the end of the day! So funny! 

No comments:

Post a Comment