We went to Ozark, MO for Youth Choir Tour June 3-5. Regardless of the fact that this was only a 2 1/2 day trip, this was probably the hardest youth trip I have been on with our kids. Partly because I went into the trip completely depleted, with a terrible headache that lasted a week, and partly because Jonah is in the midst of the terrible 2's. We have amazing teenagers at our church though! They are always helping me with the kids on trips like this. One of my favorite things about choir tour is when we get back home and I hear the girls singing the songs that they learned from the teenagers. It happens every year & I just love it! We stayed at the same church we stayed in the very first year we were at STBC...Mackenzie wasn't even 2 years old & I will always remember that she and I slept on an air mattress in a supply closet. We had to find a bigger room this time! I took the kids to a children's museum & Bass Pro shops on Thursday, and we went to Silver Dollar City on Friday. While it was a hard trip, we also had fun too!
The girls think it's so fun to ride on the charter bus with the teenagers. Jonah even got to ride to SDC on the bus with Ashley Rogers. He thought he was big stuff!
Here the girls are talking to some ladies at a retirement home that we visited!
They got to help hand out programs one night, which they loved!
Oh Madi!
Jonah tried to be good...but it's just hard being two! He was entertained by these pencils for quite a while during one of the programs.
Sleeping on air mattresses in a church is an adventure every time!
Caleb and Jonah are buddies.
Every year at the end of Choir Tour, we do paper plate awards. Brian had to spank Jonah a few times, thus "The Enforcer!" "Ducks in a row" was a good fit for me too! =0)

No comments:
Post a Comment