The day after we got back from choir tour, we drove to Tuttle for the Garrett family reunion. I was so glad that Brian got to come with us this year! It is usually on a Sunday and he isn't able to come. My cousin Jake was in charge of planning this year & he did a western theme, which was so much fun! I dressed Jonah up as Woody & the girls looked so cute in their plaid shirts, bandanas and cowboy hats. It is always so wonderful to see family that we only get to see once or twice a year. The highlight of the day may have been the three-legged sack races! Brian and I tried really hard, but the gym floor was slick and well...we came in last place I think. =0/ Oh, well...it was still fun! Carver and Jonah were really checking each other out. I can't wait until Carver is a little bigger and they can play together! After the reunion, we went back to G-Ma's house to play in the treehouse for an hour or so before we headed back home. It is so cool! This was a quick trip, but totally worth it to be able to spend time with our family!
The Baldwin Bandits....
Strawberry Pizza is a Garrett Family Reunion "must-have!" I still miss my Grandma Jean so much...there are even days when the thought that I should call and tell her something still crosses my mind. It's hard to believe she's been gone for 8 years this summer.
We were glad Grandma Shaw could come with us!
Carver just keeps getting cuter every day! He is absolutely precious!
He got tired...
Those eyes...
Jonah loves Aunt Barbara!!
Jonah won the costume contest & got a $10 gift card to Wal-Mart!
They worked and worked on this puzzle. I love it that Mackenzie gets to do this with Grandma Shaw, because it is something I always did with her as a girl.
The girls won the kids sack race & they each got a $10 gift card to Wal-Mart. They couldn't wait to go spend it!
G-Ma and Rex have been working so hard on the treehouse. It is so amazing!
Rex also put this big log in for the kids to walk across. So fun!

No comments:
Post a Comment