Jonah's birthday party fell just 3 weeks after we moved into our new house, which was great motivation for me to get unpacked and settled in quickly! I was so excited to celebrate our first birthday party and have all of our family over to see our new house. There was no doubt in my mind what Jonah's birthday party theme would be...the boy LOVES Mickey Mouse! Somehow in the midst of the craziness that our life has been with moving & back to school, I pulled together a pretty cute birthday party, if I do say so myself! (I love planning parties, in case you didn't know it!) We had "Hot Diggity Dogs," "Chip & Dale's Dip," "Donald's Deviled Eggs," "Minnie's Bowtie Pasta," "Goofy's Goodies," and "Clubhouse Fixin's." One things for sure...there is never a shortage of sugar at our birthday parties...Connie made the cutest cake ever and I made cookies & cupcakes. At the last minute, I decided we needed a "2" painted like Mickey Mouse for the table. It turned out so cute and now it is a decoration in Jonah's bedroom...at least until he turns 3! One of the funniest parts of the day was when the kids got into the big cardboard box that the girls had drawn Mickey & Minnie on. They were so excited about adding to the decorations! It was a wonderful afternoon celebrating Jonah's 2nd birthday with our family & friends! This was the first of many parties to come in our new house.
Seriously, I am SO frustrated...as I sit here blogging this I am realizing that I made a serious typo on the invitation. Instead of September 7th, I put August 7th...and not one person pointed it out!! It is literally 3 months later and I am JUST now noticing. Grr!! Oh well, apparently it didn't mess anyone up because they all made it to the party!
Here are pic's of the decorations & food...
I wanted a picture of Jonah in front of the table like I always do at our parties, but he wasn't interested in cooperating at all...this is the best we got!
We always say a birthday prayer for our kids at their birthday parties. Jonah was looking around at everyone like "What are they doing?" during the prayer.
I was trying to take a picture of him sitting up on the table by his cake and he kept stealing candy out of the jar! Funny boy!
Jonah got all kinds of fun new toys & cute clothes!
Grandma Shaw is crazy about Jonah. Every time she sees him she comments on how pretty he is!
He loves her too!
I love their reflections in the counter...
They make a good team...
Jonah didn't care anything about blowing his candles out, so his sisters helped him!
Sneaking candy while I was trying to take his picture!
Jonah doesn't get overly excited about presents yet. I had to help him stay interested so we could get them all opened!
He did get very excited about this huge Mickey Mouse that Uncle Clint & Aunt Abigail got for him! It's almost as big as he is!
I was exhausted by the time it was over! See why?!
Jonah got some cute cards! G-Ma's card sang "Who let the dogs out" and I bet we have listened to it 100 times...thanks, G-Ma!
Grandma & Grandpa Baldwin got Jonah a Mickey Mouse guitar. Now he can be just like Daddy!
We got him a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse set.
Jonah wasn't too sure he wanted to share his toys with Olivia!
Ironing perler beads in the closet is what you do at birthday parties, right?!
All that partying just wore him out!
Mickey's keeping him safe and warm!










No comments:
Post a Comment