Saturday, September 27, 2014

Mack's "Drive-In" Birthday Party

 
We had our first friends party at home this year for Mackenzie's 8th Birthday. We decided to do an outdoor movie night theme, and I have to say that it was by far my favorite party theme that we have ever done! I made the mistake of searching for ideas on Pinterest with Mackenzie & she saw these "cars" made out of cardboard boxes and BEGGED to do that for her party. Well, we had the boxes from our recent move, so I really had no excuse! I think we spent almost $50 buying spray paint for these silly things, but I am SO glad we did it! We already had them painted solid colors and then the girls got to decorate them with stickers, duct tape, paint and markers. They loved it & I know all of their parents were just thrilled to take their creations home at the end of the night! G-Ma brought her projector and screen and some decorations and got everything set up for us. We borrowed the popcorn machine from the church and gave the girls little popcorn boxes with tickets that they could "spend" at the concession stand. We decorated the cars, ate pizza, played some crazy games where the girls ran wild pretending to be different things, (our new neighbors probably think we are completely crazy!) had cookie cake & cookies, Mackenzie opened presents, and then when it got dark enough we started the movie and everyone settled down in their cars! Mackenzie got to pick the movie and she chose the McKenna American Girl movie. The girls all seemed to have such a fun time and I know Mackenzie had a very Happy Birthday! I think this is one party she will always look back and remember as a favorite! Planning parties is always a lot of work, but it is oh, so worth it when it all comes together like this one did! This was a crazy busy weekend...Friday night we had the GA sleepover, Saturday was the party, and Sunday at noon we had about 25 people at our house for a leadership team meeting lunch. I. Was. Tired!
There are a LOT of pictures...I tried to consolidate, but this was the best I could do!
I had each of the girls' names spelled out with foam stickers for them to use as a license plate on their cars.
Mackenzie really wanted a chocolate chip cookie cake with lots of icing...so here it is!
Mackenzie worked very hard on the concession stand sign!
As the girls arrived, they picked out their car and got busy decorating it! It was a beautiful evening!
 Natalie
Jonah helped Kinley decorate her car!
 Emma
There were a few impromptu dance parties throughout the night! 7 and 8 year old girls are so funny!
Emma & Bella
Emily
We were so glad Lucy & Emily could come! We miss seeing them now that the girls are at different schools.
Brian played "Would you rather" with the girls while they ate pizza. It was quite funny!
This picture makes me laugh! Mackenzie wasn't at all happy about Madison jumping right in front of her and Bella!
 "Happy Birthday to Mackenzie, Happy Birthday to you!"
Mackenzie got so many fun presents!
What a fun group of friends!
G-Ma and Kammy had the girls pretending to be ballroom dancers, basketball players, horse riders, and more...it was so funny and the girls LOVED it!
Concession Stand time!
Getting settled in and ready for the movie to start!
 I think Jonah went on his first date with Kinley...he likes older women! So funny & cute!
Towards the end of the movie they got a little restless and decided to get up and dance!
We ended the night with a pillow fight!

No comments:

Post a Comment