Brian and I went to the D6 conference in Dallas this weekend. How fun to have a two night get-away! I sure do love this man of mine! He puts God first, treats me like a Queen, and is an incredible father. He is truly one of the most selfless, patient, & loving people I know. I am so blessed that he is mine!
D6 is a family ministry conference that focuses on Deuteronomy chapter 6. The family truly is one of God's greatest masterpieces! We had a fun time just being together and I think we both came away from the weekend feeling encouraged and ready to pour even more love into our kids. Grandma Baldwin stayed at our house with the kids and they loved that! Something that I was really challenged and convicted by was the use of my cell phone when I am in the van with the kids. I am going to try to do better about that...less phone/DVD player & more time talking to them! Every time I go to something like this, I am struck by how quickly they are growing up and I'm reminded that each day we have is a gift.
Deuteronomy 6:5-9
5 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. 6 These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. 7 Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. 8 Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. 9 Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates.
We went shopping at the Galleria and stopped in the American Girl doll store to buy Mackenzie's birthday present. I "forgot" to tell Brian how much this doll would cost until we were checking out! =0)

No comments:
Post a Comment