Monday, March 24, 2014

SO MANY Decisions!

Well, once the decision was FINALLY made that we were going to build, it was time to pick out everything for our new house! I was very excited about doing that, but I didn't realize how overwhelming it would be. When we built the house that we live in now, we didn't get to customize it the way we did this time. We went to the design studio in Owasso on the Monday after Brian got back from Belize over Spring Break. Lyn was planning to come up and watch the girls, but she wasn't feeling well so we took them with us. They were SO good and patient! Thankfully Kari was able to watch Jonah...I don't think I could have dealt with him being there! After 5 1/2 hours of decision making, we left unfinished and very unsure about the things we chose. I was completely frazzled, second guessing everything! This whole process is very hard for an un-decisive person! So, we went back a few days later to finalize things and make changes to half of what we decided before! That time when we left, I felt sure that we would love the beautiful home we designed! Yet as I sit here typing this, I find myself thinking, "I hope I like that brick color...and should we have had the trim around the garage door painted a different color...and I really wish we would have had cabinets put in the laundry room...and I wonder if the kitchen cabinets will look like I think they should...etc. etc." I'm trying to remind myself to just trust in the decisions I made at the time. The list for upgrades went on and on, and we had to leave out many things that we would have liked to have, but due to cost we had to draw the line somewhere. We officially signed off on the paperwork on March 31st, and they said it takes about a month for things to really get rolling.
I. Can't. Wait!!!
Here is a (pretty poor) picture of the floorplan we are building. There were 3 different elevations on this specific floorplan to choose from, and we liked this Classic one best. And, there aren't very many of these in the neighborhood we are building in.
I'm so excited to have 4 bedrooms and an office!!! This house isn't huge, but it is 800 sq feet bigger that what we are used to so it will feel much bigger to us!
This was my note of things to make sure we had settled by the end of the second day. I kept texting my mom pictures of tile colors, carpet options, paint colors, etc. to get her opinion.
I took pictures of most of what we chose, so when I was doubting myself I could look back and remember why I picked it! Here is our brick and garage door/trim color.
Here is a picture of what the brick actually looks like on a house.
These were our options for our marble shower...we chose the top one. 
Granite options...we went with all black. I'm very excited and sure about that one!
Here is a picture of what the kitchen cabinets will look like and the wall colors. We chose a darker wall color than we have now in hopes that it will stay cleaner looking. It is called mocha.
I love the cording on the cabinets.
After discovering how incredibly expensive wood floors are, we went with a ceramic tile that looks like wood flooring. It is more durable and it was definitely cheaper.
One of the things I am most excited about is having upgraded carpet! That is something that we didn't do in our first house that we have regretted.
Our front door will look like this...
Our stone pillar will be like this...
This is our garage door color...
Exterior paint colors...
And now, we just get to sit back and watch the magic happen! I'm so excited to see it all come together!

No comments:

Post a Comment