The first 11 days of February were completely consumed with cookies for me. On this day, I was up at the church mixing up icing. Madison wasn't feeling well, so she stayed with Daddy in the youth room and then with me in the kitchen when he had to leave. Poor girl had to lay on tablecloths in the laundry room floor and watch movies...she loved it! Then I gave her a little spoon full of icing and some sugar and salt and let her go at it. This was the beginning of the flu/strep throat for her. She was a very sick little girl for several days. I mixed up close to 30 batches of icing, which thankfully went 10x faster at the church than it would have at home, because I could do 5 batches at once. Jonah was a very good helper too...he sat happily in his carseat and smiled at anyone who would talk to him. Looking back and thinking about how much work all of this was, especially with taking care of a baby and a sick little girl, I am amazed that I got it all done. It makes me tired just thinking of it!
Now that's a LOT of icing!
Such a happy little helper!
Poor little thing...I hate it when my babies are sick.
She perked up a little bit when I let her "bake" with me.
Look at that sick, sweet little face...
Now that's a mixer! (It would have taken me SO much longer to mix up this icing at home, one batch at a time.)













No comments:
Post a Comment