Monday, February 11, 2013

Cookies, Cookies, and MORE Cookies!

I had an order for 122 dozen cookies for February 11th. Yep, 1,464 cookies!!! I just love the way God works...we have been praying about Regent and whether or not we can afford it. The first tuition payment is coming up in another month or so, and the amount I made on this cookie order is almost exactly how much we need to make that payment. God always meets (and exceeds) our needs! I was very excited to get this job because of the money, but it was SO much work. The way I figured it, it was probably close to 100 hours worth of (hard) work. I never could have done it without Brian's help before he left for Guatemala, and my mom's help decorating while he was gone. I started about 2 weeks before they had to be done with the mixing, baking, assembling boxes, etc. Thankfully I was able to use the kitchen at the church for baking and mixing. That made things a lot easier for me. Brian left for Guatemala on Friday, and my Mom came up and we decorated cookies on Saturday and Sunday for 13 hours. That was with both of us decorating and working as fast as we possibly could. Oh yeah, and we were taking care of a baby and a sick little girl. Also, on Saturday morning I took Mack to her basketball game, and that evening I went to the Rhea Lana consignment sale...it was a crazy day! I have never been so glad to finish a project in my life! We put the finishing touches on the last dozen cookies at 5:30 Sunday evening and then went to Cracker Barrel to celebrate. The lady who ordered the cookies came to pick them up on Monday morning, and I felt my stress level declining with each load of cookies that was carried out of my house. I did let her know that I would love to do it again next year, and she said if I am up to it, the job is mine! As much work as it was, I would gladly do it again next year. I think the biggest downfall to this whole thing was that I ate way too many cookies and totally got off track on my diet/exercise plan! 
This is just a portion of the supplies...it cost right at $400 to make this many cookies. I mixed up 42 batches of cookie dough, rolled out and baked close to 130 dozen cookies, mixed up around 30 batches of icing, and then decorated each of the 1,464 cookies!
Gotta love the Kitchen Aid's!
I was very happy with the finished product!
There were boxes of cookies everywhere!
Jonah was just as happy as we were when the cookies were finished...he was ready to be held and talked to again!

No comments:

Post a Comment