Thursday, December 16th, was the last day of ELP before Christmas, and both of the girls classes had "Happy Birthday Jesus" parties. I signed up to bring cookie cakes for both of their classes. I had never made a cookie cake before, but I figured it couldn't be that hard! I was actually very glad I ended up doing them, because just a few days later I had someone want to order 4 cookie cakes! We were invited to Madison's class for a little presentation at 2:00. She was so excited to see me when I walked in! Ms. Karen & Ms. Janice had the boys and girls line up, and they sang two Christmas songs..."Little Grey Donkey" and "Away in a Manger." It was so, so sweet! This was Madison's first program, ever. Then, Ms. Karen read the Christmas story and each of the kids had a felt piece (angel, shepherd, Mary,etc.) that they put on the board when it was their turn. Madison had the very last piece...baby Jesus...and she placed him right in the manger on the hay. I loved it! Brian was late & he walked in right as everything ended. I was sad that he missed it. After that, they sang Happy Birthday to Jesus and ate the cookie cake (which was very good!). Madison made us a Christmas tree out of her handprints, which is now one of my very favorite Christmas decorations!
Before going into Madison's class party, I peeked my head into Mackenzie's classroom. They also sang Happy Birthday to Jesus and enjoyed their cookie. Mackenzie made a Nativity set out of a shoebox and it is the sweetest thing ever. It will be set out every year at Christmas from now 'til forever...I love it and she is so proud of it!
Both of the girls came home with all kinds of goodies & had a blast at their parties.
When I came into the classroom, Madison was sitting along the wall with her friends, waiting for the program to start. She looked so cute in her Hello Kitty shirt & her boots!
They were getting ready to pray!
She waited so patiently for her turn! When we saw G-Ma a few days later I said, "Madison, tell G-Ma about your part in the nativity." and Madison said, clear as a bell, "I put Baby Jesus on the hay."
She was so proud!
This is Madison and her friend, Lucy. Lucy's sister, Emily, is in Mackenzie's class. Madison talks about Lucy, Bella & Petra a lot! I'm so glad she has friends in her class.
Singing Happy Birthday to Jesus!
Here is a picture of the cookie I made for Madi's class.
I am so thankful that Madison is doing so well with ELP. It has been so good for her!
Here is Mackenzie at her party. I didn't get to stay for much of it, but it was fun to be there for the beginning.
Here is the cookie I did for Mack's class.
Here is Mackenzie's nativity set!

No comments:
Post a Comment