Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas Fun at Grandma & Grandpa's

This was the second year that all of the (little) cousins went to Grandma & Grandpa Baldwin's house at the beginning of December for some Christmas fun. This year Madison was old enough to go too! They got to make Christmas cookies, decorate pine cones & snowmen, make candy cane ornaments, watch Christmas movies, and have lots of fun! Grandma even made all of the kids little aprons for the cookie making.
After ELP on Friday, we took the girls to Danny & Amy's house, and they took them to meet Grandma & Grandpa in Muskogee. Mackenzie was SO excited. I wasn't sure about Madison...she told me twice earlier in the day that she didn't want to go. But, she did great! I love my girls to pieces, but it is nice every once in a while to have a little break. Brian & I served at Christmas Dinner Theater on Friday night, and then on Saturday, Mom came up and we spent the day shopping. I am so glad that the girls get to spend time making wonderful memories with their cousins & with Grandma and Grandpa Baldwin. I told Grandma Baldwin to take lots of pictures for me!
We took these pictures at Danny & Amy's house before the kids left. (Jareck wasn't there yet.)They were packed in there, but very happy! As long as Madison had her pony & her blankie, she was just fine.They were all very into making silly faces!Grandma Baldwin is so good at making special little things for the kids. I know they will remember these Christmas weekends at the lake for a long time!
Making cookies...I'm pretty sure they had LOTS & LOTS of sweets! They came home with all kinds of goodies too...cookies, cupcakes, candy...yum! Decorating snowmen! Decorating pine cones!I have never seen cookies decorating quite like the ones they brought home...they were very "beautiful" in their own way!

No comments:

Post a Comment