On December 10th, we went to Chickasha to eat at Jake's Rib & see the Christmas lights, with all of the Baldwin's. This used to be such a fun Christmas tradition, but since everyone moved away from Newcastle, we haven't been able to do it. I was asked to do 20 dozen cookies for the WHBC Ladies Brunch earlier that morning, so it worked out that we were coming. I was glad that I got to be there to go with my Mom to the brunch. She had the Christmas Homes Tour that night, or she probably would have come with us to Chickasha. We got to Jake's around 4:00 and still had to wait about 45 minutes to get in...that's better than waiting for 2 hours I guess! After dinner, we headed over to see the Christmas lights. Both of the girls had runny noses & had been coughing some, but we decided it would be okay to walk around for a little bit. It was freezing cold, but we had a great time. Madison stayed wrapped up in her blankie, in her Daddy's arms, most of the time! I was very frustrated by the fact that my camera battery died, pretty much right when we got there...thankfully, Grandma Baldwin let me take pictures with her camera! I remember going to see the lights in Chickasha many times with Brian, as a teenager. It is very fun to take your children back to places you remember from days gone by. I know Grandma & Grandpa were happy that we were all able to come. Oh, and it was Uncle Danny's birthday, so it was fun to sing "Happy Birthday" to him at Jake's Rib. 

Waiting at Jake's Rib...
Are they cute, or what?!
Not sure who we were looking at!
This was very funny...I really wanted our picture taken in front of the bridge...but, I didn't realize it would back up the entire bridge full of people...oops!!!











No comments:
Post a Comment