Summer is definitely different for our family this year. Not bad--just different. A little quieter. A little slower. A little lonely sometimes, if I'm being honest. When you're used to hanging out with 5,000+ of your favorite friends every week of the summer, for the past 9 years, it is a big adjustment when that is taken away. :0( To say we are all missing camp this summer is an understatement. There are so many things we miss about Falls Creek...but mostly, we just miss being part of something so special and watching God do what only He can do there! And of course we have missed seeing so many of our people! It has also been a season of rest and renewal, as God continues to show us the plans He has for us. He is faithful & we are blessed!
I took this middle picture of the FC sign when we visited Jamie's group for a few hours. I can't look at it without instant tears. Even though our family pictures in front of this sign are no more, and our time to serve at Falls Creek has ended, we will carry the memories we made there with us forever. I shed a lot of tears in the few short hours we were there, but I'm glad I went.
"I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart: I will recount all of your wonderful deeds. I will be glad and exult in you: I will sing praise to Your name, O most high." Psalm 9:1-2
I am also reminded looking at these pictures that seasons come and go...we think things will stay the same forever, but they never do. Cherish every moment!
The boys were so happy to be back in one of their favorite places!
We received some messages like this throughout the summer, which were a great blessing to us. Sometimes its just nice to know that you aren't forgotten.











No comments:
Post a Comment