Our birthdays fell on Saturday/Sunday this year, and it was pretty low-key. We spent my birthday at home doing nothing, and Brian preached on his birthday...Jack kept asking who was coming for our birthday party. =0) He doesn't quite grasp that birthdays are somewhat anticlimactic when you get older. But we were together and that's all that mattered! And we got the absolute sweetest cards from the kids! Oh yeah, and I bought us a birthday cake from Sams...white with whipped cream icing...my favorite! I really dislike growing old--but it's better than not having the chance to grow old, I know. And at least we are growing old together! I'm glad, more than ever, that I am only older than Brian for one day.
We went to dinner at Longhorn Steakhouse a week or so before our birthdays, so we kind of counted that as our celebration. PSA: If you're reading this and you haven't had the spinach dip from Longhorn Steakhouse, get it now!! This may be the best thing I have ever eaten in my life.
Madi makes the cutest cards ever!
Precious words!
Jonah has a heart of gold...he had a $10 Chickfila gift card that he insisted on giving to us for our birthdays.
Madi helped Jack spell "Happy Birthday Momma!" Love it!










No comments:
Post a Comment