Kind of last minute, we decided to go to Tinker to watch the Thunderbirds fly at the Air Show on Saturday. We have watched air shows before, but never actually on the ground at Tinker. I have to admit though, that I wasn't at all prepared...somehow we got there with no sunscreen, no hats or umbrellas whatsoever, and very little water. I'm not sure what in the world I was thinking? I clearly wasn't... #momfail
Thankfully, we ran into my friend Cheralyn and she saved the day! She works from TFCU and she was working in a tent at the air show. She had several cooling rags that she let us borrow, and she even let Jack wear her hat! She really was an answer to prayer! We bought an umbrella too and managed to not get just scorched...it was hotter than Hades out there, not even kidding!
The air show was amazing and I'm so glad we went! It was so cool to be right there where they take off and it was LOUD when they did their fly by's right over the top of us. Minus the melting and what felt like miles that we walked to get in there, this was one of my favorite summertime memories!
Coolest picture ever!
We really were TFCU's #1 fans, thanks to Cheralyn's generosity!
The long
long
long
long
long
walk back to the car...
I feel this, buddy!
So many cool videos!












































No comments:
Post a Comment