Our entire family was wiped out with a stomach virus this week. It. Was. AWFUL.
Jack kicked things off Wednesday night around 11:00 PM...he threw up ALLLLL night, until around 8:00 the next morning. I was fine all day Thursday, other than being exhausted. Brian stayed home with him while I went to my friend Jordan's funeral. On Friday afternoon, Brian started feeling bad and by that evening he was very sick. I thought I was okay, so I went to the football game. On the drive there I didn't feel great, but I was determined to go. Well, bad idea...as soon as the game was over I had Mackenzie drive us home and I barely made it home before I started throwing up. I'm telling you, I literally ran into the house. Friday night was miserable. At some point the next morning, Jonah started throwing up. He was upstairs and I couldn't even get myself out of bed to go to him. That should tell you how absolutely sick I was. Mackenzie was a huge help taking care of him, and I talked to him through the baby monitor, which made me feel a little better. Mackenzie is going to be an amazing nurse someday! Madi was the next to fall, later that same day. And finally, Mackenzie was the last to start throwing up on Sunday. So brutal. Thankfully it didn't last long, but it was just really awful. I hate it when my babies are sick, and I especially hate it when I'm sick at the same time and can't take care of them.
Kids are way more resilient when it comes to bouncing back than adults are.
This was the day after Jack threw up ALL night, literally every 30 minutes for 10 hours...it was miserable. Thankfully it didn't last long and he felt better. He and Daddy sent me this video while I was gone. Sweet, Sweet baby boy!








No comments:
Post a Comment