Thursday, June 1, 2023

Settlin' In

I am learning that the older the kids get, the harder it is to juggle everything in our schedule. Normally, we would be at Falls Creek for at least one of the set-up weeks. This year we weren't able to do that though, because the kids were still in school during the first week, and then the girls had cheer practice and all kinds of other things during the second week. I did take everyone but Mackenzie down to camp on Thursday though, just to take some of our stuff and get a little situated. Mack had a birthday party on Friday, so she stayed with GMa and went to that. Then on Friday afternoon, GMa met me in Pauls Valley with Mackenzie so she could come down to camp for the night. The girls had cheer camp during the first week of camp, and then Mackenzie had Super Summer the second week, and STBC Falls Creek week 3, so this was pretty much the only time she spent there with us until week 4...that's crazy!
We are excited and looking forward to a great summer! It's going to be a busy one, and there will be a lot more back-and-forth for me and the kids this year. I am missing the days when they were little and we could just go and stay without worrying about all the activities and places they had to be. 
This is our 8th summer living at Falls Creek, and its always exciting the first time we go down for the summer to "move in." 
One of my new favorite pictures!
I'm totally impressed that his little fingers can hold this many cars!
Madi's Bible journaling and note taking is the best!
This is the face of a boy who is happy that its summer! Jonah loves being at Falls Creek.
Madi helped paint at the new Missions Outpost area with Daddy Thursday evening.
Jack doesn't like it when anyone leaves and he doesn't get to go with them. This was the first of probably a hundred melt-down-fits he had this summer when Brian left the room.
This situation very quickly went from dipping his hand in the water, to putting his feet in, to splashing and getting completely IN the water! I think its safe to say, Jack was having the time of his life on this day!
This is when I freaked out...he has zero fear and was just ready to take off, away from us. 
Love my birds!
I loved it when we were all 6 there together on Friday evening. All was right in my world!
Jack is a big fan of golf cart rides! We have a very fast golf cart this year, that Brian and the kids named the "Blue Bird" because, you guessed it--its blue!
Madi got a little "don't post pictures of people like this" lecture when I saw her BeReal for the day. LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment