Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Dunns River Falls

The one excursion I knew for sure I wanted to do on the cruise was Dunn's River Falls in Jamaica. We started our day there, and had the best time...but it was FREEZING! Our guides made sure we got plenty wet, even making us go completely underwater a few times. At one point, Brian lost his sunglasses in a waterfall. He didn't realize it until we got close to the end, but he knew right where they must have fallen off so he went back to try and find them. I thought there was about a 2% chance that he would find them, but one of the guides put on some goggles and there they were at the bottom of the waterfall! We put our phones in waterproof cases that I bought on Amazon before our trip, and miraculously they stayed completely dry! 
We were with an interesting group...the best way I know to explain what I mean by that is to say that they spent a ridiculous amount of money buying marijuana from a Jamaican man in the parking lot at the beginning of the day, and they enjoyed it all day long. We did not enjoy smelling it all day long. 
Dunns River Falls did not disappoint, but it could have been a little warmer! =0) After this, we loaded the bus and they took us to the Beach Club resort.
$60 Dunns River Falls video and pictures that we bought! (of course!)
Me, realizing how cold I was about to be...
This right here is where the sunglasses came off...probably 2 seconds after this picture was snapped!
Yeah, I think maybe they're gone now...
Yeah, he got lucky!

No comments:

Post a Comment