Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Bamboo Beach Club

After Dunns River Falls, they took us to the Bamboo Beach Club, where we spent a few hours relaxing on the beach. It took us over an hour to drive there, which surprised me. It was also more primitive than I thought it would be, but it was beautiful and very enjoyable. We shared a Jamaican meal of jerk chicken, rice and plantains, and a tropical smoothie that was soooo good! We waded into the ocean a little bit, but after being so freezing cold at the waterfall, we didn't really want to get all wet again.  The water was crystal clear and so pretty though! We really weren't there all that long, and then it was time to load up and drive back across the island. Hindsight, I probably would have picked a different excursion if I would've known how much driving was involved in this one. We got to see a lot of the island though, so that was good I guess. When we got close to the cruise ship, they took us to the highest point on Ocho Rios. That was really neat, because we had a great view of the cruise ship from up there! We also passed the sign for Shaw Park Gardens, which was fun to see because that is one of the things we did on our cruise when I was a teenager. We made a quick stop at a souvenir shopping area, and then headed back to the Carnival Horizon! Overall, we had an amazing day in Jamaica!
This right here...just doesn't get any better...paradise with my love!
I can't explain how good this was...I think it was basically just blended frozen pineapple, mango and ice, and it tasted so amazing!
I'm glad we ate traditional Jamaican food...it was very good! It reminded me a lot of what we ate in Belize, but it was better.
What a view!
And finally, back to the Carnival Horizon!

No comments:

Post a Comment