Friday, October 14, 2022

Fun in Hochatown

So many fun things happened on Friday. The one thing I knew I wanted to do was take the kids to ride the little train in Beavers Bend. I remember taking the girls when they were little bitty to do this, and I knew Jack would like it. It was pretty packed because of the Fall Break crowds, but we didn't have to wait too long. It was very fun--we saw all kinds of deer along the train ride. When it was over, we ate a quick lunch at the train depot and Jack got to do a pony ride! It was the cutest thing ever! 
Brian had mentioned to our friends Des and Jeff that we were going to be camping at Beaver's Bend, and they decided to come down and join us at the last minute on Friday afternoon. We decided to do the Hochatown Maze, so we met them there and Des went through it with us. Not my favorite experience, but the kids had a fun time! It was HOT. And I don't love the feeling of being trapped in a maze! I was very relieved when we finally made it out! After that we went back to the campsite and decided that we wanted to go back to the Duck Lodge instead of camping in the tent again. The Jennings were very gracious to let us come back, and even let us bring friends with us this time! =0) Before going back there though, we went out on the boat again for a few hours. We stopped at Arby's and then drove back to the Duck Lodge. I have never been so excited and happy for a warm shower in my life! I was completely exhausted and really enjoyed that cozy bed even more than at the beginning of our trip. Des and Jeff didn't get the "camping" experience they were expecting, but it was fun that they got to stay at the Duck Lodge for a night with us. They left very early the next morning because they had to get back. We kind of took our time and washed all of the bedding and re-made the beds before loading up and heading home. We had a very fun Fall Break! 
I actually think Jack slept through part of the train ride! 
Funniest thing...the train conductor asked Madi if she had a boyfriend! He had no idea he was teasing the shyest girl on the whole train!
I bought this hat in the gift shop...because...tent camping.
He's already a one handed trick rider!
This was a pretty impressive maze & it was definitely not easy to figure out!
Mack and Jonah rode in the back of Des's vehicle back to our campsite (it wasn't far!) Brian and Jeff had taken Jack back to the campsite while we did the Maze.
Back to Broken Bow Lake! There was a huge fire going on...I guess that's why they had a burn ban going. We dropped Mackenzie and Jonah off on this little island in the middle of the lake!
Back to the Duck Lodge! =0) We got there late & pretty much went right to bed, but it was so good to be back! =0)
Happy to sleep in a real bed again!

No comments:

Post a Comment