We decided to change things up a little and have Mackenzie's sweet 16 party with our family at Hideaway Pizza, instead of at our house this year. It was the PERFECT night! I was very thankful that so many of our family and friends were able to be there. We are so incredibly blessed to have the most amazing family, who has helped raise our kids and who is always there to celebrate special moments with us. We missed those who couldn't be there, but would have loved to be. Mackenzie definitely felt loved and special, which is always my goal for birthdays. I was very emotional all day, because there's just no avoiding the fact that my little girl is almost all grown up. And the thought of her driving a car just nearly makes me sick at my stomach! I am really going to learn about fully trusting God in a whole new way during this new season of life with her. My anxiety level & my prayer life are both going to increase!
We surprised Mackenzie with a beautiful birthday cake made by Connie! It has been a while since we have had one of her cakes, so this was a special touch for sure. Brian was at FBC Tulsa on this Sunday morning, so he picked it up and brought it back with him.
I had never been to this Hideaway before this party, so I didn't have a clue what to expect. I just knew they had a neat upstairs area. It could not have been more perfect--we basically had a huge section upstairs to just spread out and visit and eat and enjoy each others company! It was very laid-back and relaxed, and I think everyone had a great time. Rex blessed us big time by paying for the pizza...that was a huge gift!
I have to just say--I was TIRED (physically, emotionally, mentally) when we got home late this night. But it was the happiest kind of tired! I wanted so badly to make this an extra special birthday for Mackenzie, and I think it was a success!
Happy Sweet Sixteen, baby girl! You are LOVED!
How beautiful is this cake?!
Jack got caught trying to get into the cake!
Look, she did get a car, after all! =0) Her dream is to have a blue Tesla. I'm pretty sure that's as likely to happen as me wanting a yellow Ford Mustang when I was 16!
We also gave her $300 to put in a savings account for a car one of these days. I think she ended up with around $800 total for her birthday, so that's a great start!
GMa got Mackenzie a navy blazer that she's been wanting forever, and she's taking her on a shopping spree soon!
Uncle John's birthday cards are always a favorite! =0)
Grandma Baldwin got Mackenzie this very cute green leather jacket! (I may have helped pick it out!) This girl loves leather jackets!
Poppa & Louise got Mackenzie a beautiful necklace! I know this will be a very special piece of jewelry to her forever!
Madi was taking an inventory of how much money Mackenzie got! Hahaha!
She might've been a little jealous! =0) I told her not to worry, it will be her turn way too soon!
Mackenzie was very sad that Bailey wasn't there, but we were glad that Uncle Danny and Aunt Amy could be there.
Connie was even here from Arizona!
Poppa & Mackenzie are birthday buddies, born 2 days apart! It has been fun to celebrate their birthdays together over the years.
4 Generations! It isn't lost on me how very special this is. And I can't help but think about Grandma Jean and how much she would have loved watching Mackenzie grow up.
So sweet of the Phares's to come!
We got to meet little Theo! He is precious!
Thomas took the pic above, and he snuck several of these in as well! =0) He is definitely a Phares!
What a joy it has been to watch these girls grow up! Taylor was kind of my pretend baby, before Mackenzie came along!
Such a handsome boy!
Jack is a big fan of Mackenzie's new car!
I'm so glad that Mackenzie has the kind of relationship with GMa that I always had with my Grandma Jean. There's nothing like it! Very special!
We went home with quite a collection of Hideaway cups!!
It was a fun (FULL) weekend of celebrating our beautiful girl!































































No comments:
Post a Comment