A few weeks back when I was out walking with the baby one morning, I noticed a man coming towards us. As we drew closer, I was instantly struck by how much he looked like my Dad...from the top of his head, to the way his eyes twinkled when he smiled, to his skinny, tanned legs in black “mailman shoes,” to the way he walked...it was remarkable! I’m glad I had sunglasses on so he didn’t notice how intently I was staring at him as our paths drew nearer. When he got within a few feet of us, he smiled and said “Good morning” and gave Jack a little wave, so similar to how my dad would have done it! I’m glad I didn’t trip or fall over right there in the street! It took my breath away. What a gift...it was like getting a tiny glimpse of what it would be like for my dad to see his little grandson! I walk pretty much every morning and that is the only time I have ever seen him. I hope our paths cross again sometime!
My Dad would be 60 today if he were still alive. I know he wouldn’t come back here for anything, because heaven is too sweet, but I would sure love to be celebrating alongside him today. Happy Birthday, Dad! ‘Til Heaven...

No comments:
Post a Comment