Monday, May 14, 2018

OCS 5th Grade Graduation

I know I start many things off something like this..."How is it possible that my baby is graduating from the 5th grade already?!" But seriously...HOW??? Wasn't it just yesterday that we brought this sweet baby girl home from the hospital?! Time really does fly when you're having fun, I suppose. It's so very bittersweet... Okay, gotta get it together here... #deepbreath
We are so proud of Mackenzie & all she has learned and accomplished over the past two school years at OCS. It has not always been easy, but we have seen her grow in character and maturity. I absolutely love this "5" that was made at school for each of the students, with words that their classmates used to describe them. I would say they know Mackenzie pretty well...artistic, honest, loyal, caring, brave, gentle, funny, friendly, forgiving, kind, compassionate, respectful...yeah, that's our girl! 
At OCS, 5th grade is the end of Elementary and 6th grade is considered Jr High...gulp... but at CHA, 6th grade is actually still part of elementary, so we will get to do this whole Graduation thing again next year there. (This Momma is celebrating about this on the inside for sure! Anything to slow down the process of my baby girl growing up!)
Mackenzie really isn't too excited about switching schools again, even though some things at OCS have been hard. I know it is hard for her to have to leave friends again, and go through the process of being the new kid. But we are trusting that God is going before us and has great things in store for Mackenzie at CHA next year. 
Mack had a part in the song "This Is Me" from The Greatest Showman and she sang beautifully! They did a few other songs (that were complete tear jerkers) as well. It was very special that Grandma Shaw, G-Ma, and Poppa & Louise were all able to be there to celebrate with us. (Grandma & Grandpa Baldwin were in Europe on their month-long trip, so we missed having them there.)
What a beauty!! 
This was on my TimeHop a few days ago...9 years have flown by...how? why? surely not? 
Mackenzie with her friends, Kristin & Rachel. 
Mackenzie was excited to be the very first student to walk across the stage! Perks of being a "B!"
So so proud of Mackenzie! I love the way the lyrics were changed and I hope she always follows the truths that she sang about tonight!

**Momma can't hold the camera still when she's emotional and nervous at the same time...eek!!
I think this was the last family event Grandma Shaw got to come to before going back to stay at the nursing home in Carnegie. We love her so much & wish she could always be with us. We will always cherish times like this.
Pretty special to have Grandparents & Great-Grandparents there!!
Love you, my girl!
OH, sweet Madi!! What have you been eating?! Something with blue icing, I do believe!
Jackson has been a great friend to Mackenzie over the past two years. I know these two will miss each other!
Ava has also been a sweet friend!
It was a bit windy and stormy on our way out, but Mackenzie was so proud of her flowers!

No comments:

Post a Comment