Our friend, James Phares, went to be with Jesus this week. James has been a special person in our life for many, many years. One of my favorite memories of James is when he took Brian and me and some of our friends on a horseback riding double-date out on his land when we were about 16 years old. I bet he yelled at us a lot that night, as only James could do! Hahaha!
I will miss James calling me "Kid" and saying funny things in his gruff voice all the time.
James Phares is one of a kind & he will be missed by so many. I'm so glad we got to go visit him in the hospital, as he was being discharged to go home last week. Until heaven, James...
One of the bracelets I wore today says “It is well with my soul” and one says “Jesus”...made especially for me by my friend James. When I was maybe a Jr in High School, James gave me this bracelet and I decided I wanted to learn how to make one myself. He showed me how and it became my project...my very LONG project...I’m not sure that people really understand how much time and patience goes into every single bead! My beads were crooked and it didn’t turn out looking anything like James’s bracelet, but he made me feel good about it anyway...also, my self absorbed 16 year old self put “CANDACE” (or maybe it was “BRIAN”)
☺️ on it instead of “JESUS”...hahaha! That makes me laugh so hard! (But, I also can’t find it anywhere, so that shows which one was more important!)
It’s not very well with my soul that my friends are hurting and that my friend James is about to lose his battle with cancer. Man, I hate cancer. But...Jesus is in heaven waiting for him...so with that thought in mind, I can say “it IS well with my soul.”
Jamie Phares Jason Phares We hurt with your family and love you all very much! Praise God for the hope of heaven!!





No comments:
Post a Comment