I usually don't do long posts like this, but while Brian has been gone this week, this has been on my heart and I wanted to share it.
I love being the wife of a minister. I love being a stay at home mom. Both are callings that I believe God put on my life, and I wouldn't trade them for anything. But it can kind of be a lonely place at times. I have especially experienced that over the past year and a half, now that our ministry role has changed and we have had to find our new place. I am not an "on stage" personality...I'm good with behind the scenes stuff most of the time. But then there are days when the enemy whispers "You're not important. Nobody notices you. What you do doesn't matter." Lies. Poison. The very opposite of the Truth that lives within me. But then I look at the faces of my children & the Lord reminds me that right now, in this season especially, they are my ministry. I am important to them. They notice me. And what I do matters to them. More than anything, I want to point them to Jesus! What a precious gift they are & what a huge responsibility that is!
Brian has been on more overseas mission trips than I can count. God has gifted him with the ability to share the Gospel in such an impactful way. I think he's pretty amazing & I'm so blessed to get to do life by his side! Almost 14 years ago, when we had been married for just a few years, we got to go on a mission trip to Moldova together. At that time, we were barely called into ministry and had no idea the path that God had laid out before us. I am so thankful that I got to experience missions in that way...it has given me a window into what Brian experiences on each trip he has been on since then.
Last night in the 3rd & 4th grade Missions class I help with, we watched a video about missionaries in Southeast Asia...the very same missionaries Brian has been with in Cambodia this past week. It was such a sweet reminder to me that even though I am not on the ground in Cambodia and China this week...it's okay...I still get to be a part of the bigger picture! We are ALL called to be missionaries, friends!
So my heart is thankful tonight, that God lets me be a part of missions right here at home & around the world, through the ministry of my husband, even when I am not traveling with him. (Let's be real--he couldn't go if I wasn't home taking care of his kids, right?!) #propstoallyousinglemommasoutthere #ineedmymanback
☺️
😉
Now, just 69 hours, 44 minutes & 32 seconds until he comes home...but who's counting?!
Really excited about GoStudents 2018 & all I know God is going to do in the lives of his people!
My beautiful Moldovan friend, Olga, who is now a citizen of the United States! Love her so much!
This was my small group of teenagers that I led a Bible study with each day.

No comments:
Post a Comment