Thursday, November 2, 2017

11 Days

Brian left for Cambodia on November 2nd, for 11 LONG days. In the past when he has traveled, it was normally during the summer when we could go stay with G-Ma. It's a whole different story and WAY more work when the kids are in school and I'm on my own taking care of everything. For instance, all 3 kids had field trips on the same day (separate post) during his trip! One good thing that comes out of Brian being gone for so long is that it gives me renewed appreciation for all that he does to help our family! He's the best & we all miss him so much when he's gone. We've always kind of had this agreement that I don't care if he goes, as long as he doesn't care if I stay. Oh, and he has to come back, of course!! Don't get me wrong...I love to travel too...I love missions...and I would love to swim with elephants...but my #1 job is taking care of my babies, so I am content to stay home with them for now.
Brian had a great time in Cambodia & China, and he is very excited about the GoStudents trip that will be going there this summer. The coolest thing he got to do was hang out with a couple of Asian elephants one day...he even got to swim with them! I was definitely jealous about this!
I don't sleep very well when Brian is gone, but I do enjoy having all of my babies tucked into my bedroom with me. They take turns sleeping with me, and the other two make pallets on each side of my bed. Here are some pics of his adventures & our survival! Yep, this picture below pretty much sums it up...we make sure the essentials get done, but some things have to slide, so....
I do struggle with anxiety, especially when my other half is not there. I like this...Breathe. You're strong. You got this. Take it day by day.
Mackenzie had a bad dream during Daddy's trip and she woke up crying and inconsolable, so we FaceTime'd with Daddy and that helped a little. Thank goodness for modern technology!
I got a new phone while Brian was gone! I even managed how to transfer my contacts and everything else from my old phone without his help! 
Love my new phone case!

How cool is this whole elephant experience?! 
Meanwhile, back at home...
Brian got to attend a Cambodian church service on Sunday. So cool to see how other cultures worship Jesus!
Madison spent the night with her friend Adlee one night, so Jonah & Mackenzie and I had a movie and popcorn night!
Our Connection Group had a fellowship at JP & Kayla's house. I started to not go without Brian, but I decided to go anyway. I'm so glad I did! It was so much fun! So thankful for these friendships we have made since moving to Edmond.
Meanwhile, in Cambodia...Brian spent a few nights in this fancy hotel...that only cost like $90/night...and he was treated like royalty. This was definitely another jealous moment for me! 
Brian went to Angkor Wat one day to see the ancient temples.
Then it was on to China for a few more days, before coming home. Rest assured...I was READY for him to be home at this point!

No comments:

Post a Comment