On Thursday night, the day before the last day of school, there was a potential tornado warning across most of the state. I don't know why, but I got so worked up over this. (Like went into a cleaning, packing frenzy and ended up with a migraine that put me in bed by 8:00.) Now that we have a storm shelter in our garage, I feel so much safer! But I just got to thinking...what would I really be devastated to lose if a tornado came and destroyed everything? So I started going through the house and packing stuff up to take into the shelter with us. Ha! Brian's face was funny when he walked in and saw that big pile of stuff by the door. Then I had this thought that I really should take photos of every room, so I would have it all documented for insurance in case something happened. I know--maybe a bit overboard! But, better safe than sorry, right?! Thankfully nothing happened and we didn't even have to get in the shelter. (Of course when you have one, you don't actually need one, right?!)
Jonah was ready...he had his rainboots on (the wrong feet) and his backpack full of toys!
I pretty much packed things that couldn't be replaced or were just very special...our home video's, baby books, our wedding album, shutterfly books, studio pictures, important documents, our Bibles, etc. Furniture and household items can easily be replaced, but it would be devastating to lose all of the pictures and videos of my babies.
Our house was pretty clean, which doesn't happen too often!

No comments:
Post a Comment