Friday, May 19, 2017

Glory Day

Wow! It feels like the first day of school was just a few months ago...and now here we are on the last day already! It has been a rollercoaster of a year for us all. 
The girls had Glory Day on the last day of school, which is kind of like super kids day always was for me as a kid. They compete in different activities and then have races. For kids who love track and running, its a great event! For kids like Mackenzie, who would rather be reading, drawing, or doing pretty much anything other than running...it isn't so much fun. Mackenzie had a really rough day and is already begging for us to go out of town next year so she will never have to do another Glory Day again. As a Mom, it was really hard for me to watch her struggle today. I tried to just love and encourage her to persevere through it, and I am very, very glad that we get a break from all of this for the summer. The day ended with a fun teachers' dodge ball game in the gym. I cried as I watched the girls' teachers hug them and send them off for the summer. Even though we have had some hard moments, overall it has been a good year! 
Here are some (a lot) of pics from Glory Day! Did I mention that it was rainy and gross outside?!
Jonah was ready to cheer on his girls! (And bring Momma some chocolate chip cookies!)
Madison's 50m race:
Concentration:
Madison's 100m race:
I was so proud of Madison for running so hard & finishing strong! 
Mack's 100m race:
She doesn't look so happy...
Mackenzie is a perfectionist...she is used to being "the best" at what she does, and running is not her strong suit. That's totally okay, but she didn't like being last at all. It didn't help that she was running beside a girl who was not very nice to her all year. =0(
Mack's 200m race is where things really got hard. I was SO proud of her for sticking it out and finishing! When I got over to her, she was sitting in the grass sobbing. She couldn't breathe and she was upset about finishing behind everyone else. I was so sad for her. With a little love from me, G-Ma, and Mrs. Frankfurt, it didn't take long for her to bounce back though! 
Here were some of the other events from the day:
So thankful G-Ma gets to come to things like this!
Jonah didn't understand why he couldn't play on the bouncy house things that were set up for the bigger kids. Next year, he will get to participate! It's hard to be little...
Sweet girl!
We love Mrs. Frankfurt!
This was probably Mack's favorite part of the day...signing t-shirts!
It was so funny watching Madison & Adlee cheer for their teacher's dodge ball team! They were very serious about it! It was WILD in that gym!
Mrs. Bass, the Librarian, makes everything more fun!I think Mackenzie just wanted the day to be over at this point...haha! She was happy that her friend Ty was there visiting though!

Oh, happy day!! Summer is here!

No comments:

Post a Comment