Thursday, September 19, 2013

Flying Solo

Brian left on the 14th of September for Guatemala for a week. This was the first time that I have spent much of the time he is gone at home with the kids. We were in Newcastle for Disney on Ice for the first few days, then Grandma Baldwin spent Sunday and Monday night with us. Then we went back to Newcastle on Tuesday for Wicked, and we came home and were on our own Wednesday-Saturday. I am so glad that Brian is able to do Missions and share the Gospel around the world. He loves it so much and it is so important! That being said, this was probably the most challenging week I have had without him. Taking care of 3 kids on my own is hard work! Especially when one of them is sick and running a high fever, they all sleep in my room (well, sort of sleep...), I had cookie orders to do, and I didn't sleep hardly at all because I don't like it when Brian isn't there at night...it was a little rough, but we made it! By the end of the week, I felt tired, old and I'm pretty sure I gained a couple lbs...I'm glad Brian doesn't have any more trips until after the first of the year!

Here are a few pic's of Brian in Guatemala. He got to do open air preaching a few times. He is so awesome! I wish I had even an ounce of the courage and passion he has to share the Gospel. He came back really excited about Guatemala and wanting me to go with him soon. We are praying about that and hoping that can happen somehow!
This is how we woke up on Friday morning...poor Madison felt terrible and had to miss school on Thursday and Friday. Jonah just kept waking up because we were up. Once Connie picked Mackenzie up for school, thankfully I was able to sleep for about an hour while they slept. I was completely exhausted at that point.
Since Madi couldn't go to school, she helped me decorate for Fall, buy flowers, clean house and do cookies. She said, "Look Momma, I made a 4!"
This was our "Pumpkin Patch" that we built together.
She thought she was big stuff, getting to help push the flowers out!
We got out all of Mackenzie's Lego Friends sets and started building them for her birthday party that is coming up. I think I like playing with them as much as she does! I sat up one night way too late after they went to bed, putting together lego's! This was something she built that she really wanted me to take a picture of. She made an Observatory and she was very proud of it!
When Brian is gone, we all sleep in our room with the door locked. I woke up Saturday morning, SO happy and excited that Brian was coming home! After several nights of not sleeping well, I couldn't wait for him to be back so our kids could sleep in their own beds. (Maybe someday I will outgrow the feeling that they need to be locked in with me, but I'm not so sure...) Saturday morning we slept in, and then I took the girls to a few garage sales and to Party City to buy supplies for Mackenzie's birthday party. Then we came home and I decorated Star Wars cookies and cleaned the house up before heading to the airport to pick Brian up that evening. It was just a happy day, all around! As stressful and hard as it is to be on my own with my kids for a week, it is also a special time and I am just glad to be with them!
Who wouldn't love waking up to this face every day?! He was the man of the house, while Daddy was gone!
The girls still love to play "Pet Shop" in the mornings. I will be sad when they outgrow that!
Ready to hit some garage sales in our hats and jean jackets! 
We bought the biggest pinata I have ever seen at Party City. Mackenzie is thrilled! Me...not so much! Thankfully, G-Ma is going to help fill it!

No comments:

Post a Comment