Monday, October 10, 2011

Yee-Ha! It's Time to Party!

Mackenzie decided she wanted a "Cowboy & Cowgirl" themed birthday party for our family at our house. This theme was so very different from the "Princess-y" theme the day before, but I think that's what made it so fun. I wasn't too sure about it at first, but it turned out to be a very cute theme. I made a birthday banner, although I didn't take a single picture of it...what was I thinking?! This was the actual day of Mackenzie's 5th Birthday, October 2nd. I loved being able to have her party on the day of her birthday. It hasn't worked out that way in the past. I have so many pictures from her party, that I am going to put them in separate blog posts. This one is the pictures of the decorations.

I always have so much fun decorating the party table! I know, I probably go a little overboard, but I don't care...it is fun! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVED the cake! My good friend, Connie Easterwood, made it for us and it was so cute & it tasted WONDERFUL! I decided at the last minute to do a cookie bouquet of Mackenzie's name. I wasn't sure what I was going to put it in, but G-Ma came up with this great idea to use a planter box...she spray painted it white & I painted black cow spots on it. (This all happened at about 10:00 the night before the party!) I was so happy with the way it turned out. With just a little creativity & a few dollars, you can make anything look good. =0)Woody & Jessie Cookies"Cow" CupcakesI pulled out a bunch of pictures of Mackenzie, from the time she was a baby, and put them on these "Wanted" signs for decoration. It was a lot of fun to look at them! I think it was appropriate too, because I definitely "WANT" that little baby back! Time just doesn't work that way though, and that's okay I guess. It is a lot of fun watching her grow up too!It's all about the pose! This is the serious look!I love decorating for Fall! Just had to throw in a picture of this cute little set-up G-Ma made in our backyard. She had these decorations left over from a Book Fair she did, and it worked out perfectly. This made a really cute spot for taking pictures.I just had to add these pictures in...we were outside decorating for the party & here came Mackenzie...dressed like this...she said, "I'm ready for the party!" Uh, I think not! =0) It was funny & cute for a short time though.

No comments:

Post a Comment