Saturday, October 1, 2011

Mackenzie's "My Little Dollhouse" Party!

We decided to have a "Friends" party this year, separate from our family birthday party, since Mackenzie had so many little friends to invite. After we went to Abby's birthday party at My Little Dollhouse back in January, I knew this is where we would do Mackenzie's 5 year old birthday party. It is SUCH fun place for little girls! We definitely went all out on Mack's birthday this year, but that's okay because "5" is a big milestone in a girl's life and we wanted to make it special! Mackenzie had a wonderful time & was so excited to see each friend that arrived at her party. There were 15 squealing, excited girls running around, so needless to say, this wasn't a very quiet event! Abby, Bella, Katelyn & Kinley, Courtnee & Hallee, Kaycee, Brooklyn, Libby, Karter, Emma, Aubrey, Josie, and Madison were all there to celebrate with Mackenzie! They had their hair, make-up & nails done, jumped in the Princess moon bounce, played in the glow-in-the-dark room, and then did the Princess Hokie-Pokie & had a fashion show! It was fun to watch the girls come out on stage & see the cute little poses they did, or the shy looks on their faces! Mackenzie is so outgoing, but put her up on a stage in front of people, and all of a sudden she becomes a little bit shy....hmm, I wonder where she gets that?! Madison had a blast at the party...she ran around & did everything the big girls did & she looked very cute doing it! I think Mackenzie changed dresses about 7 times...every time I turned around, she was wearing a different one.

After the Fashion Show, it was time to sing Happy Birthday & eat cupcakes and cookies. Mackenzie was so funny...while everyone was singing to her, she was extremely serious. I'm not sure if she was just overwhelmed, or what! I actually don't think she was feeling 100% well. Both of the girls have had colds & allergy issues for about 3 weeks now. I made Rapunzel cookies & cupcakes for this party & they were very cute, but a TON of work! I had to hand-cut most of the cookies, because they don't even make cookie cutters like that. But, in the end, she loved them & it was worth it. (Her favorite was "Pascal" the chameleon.) After filling the girls up with lots of sugar (right before lunchtime, I might add!) it was time to open presents! Talk about craziness...there was tissue paper, cards & gifts flying in every direction. I didn't realize that it was such a big deal for little girls to see what each other get for their birthdays, but apparently it is. At two of the recent birthday parties we have been to for Mackenzie's classmates, we had to leave early and weren't able to watch them open presents and she was devastated that she didn't get to see what all they got! Mackenzie got so many fun gifts...she was probably most excited about the Barbie guitar from Courtnee & Hallee, but she loves them all. Once we got home, she played with her new things for several hours. We were pretty wiped out by the time the party was over. But, no rest for the weary...time to get ready for party #2, the next day!

This was a very special way to celebrate Mackenzie's 5th Birthday & I know she will remember it for a long, long time! After the party, I asked her if she had fun and she said, "Mommy when I was in the moon bounce, I said, "This is the best day ever!" That made me smile...that's what it is all about right there!

(Beware that there are a LOT of pictures on this post...they were just too cute & I couldn't pick which ones I liked most, so I just included them all!)Time to get all fixed up!Madison really thought she was big stuff, getting to do this!Precious! This really makes me smile! I love how Madison's dress is poofed out over the chair.A beautiful little 5 year old! Mackenzie had her hair done up in a bun the first time, and then when she changed into the Belle dress, she decided she wanted it down, so she asked them to refix it...a true princess, indeed!She showed off her fingernails like this several times...she loved the bright pink polish! The littlest princess at the party...Dancing with Abby...Three Little Mermaids...Hallee, Mackenzie & CourtneeMackenzie was SO excited that her cousin, Liberty was able to come to her party! Aunt Phyllis, Brandi & Libby drove up from Newcastle early that morning to be there & it meant so much to us. The girls had a lot of fun playing together!Doing the "Princess-Pokie" Did I mention that Daddy was the only boy there?! He is such a good sport...he wasn't about to miss out on all this girly fun!The Fashion Show...They saved the Birthday Girl for last...everyone did a drum roll on the stage & out came Princess Mackenzie!I love this sweet, shy little look on her face. Mackenzie with her friends, Josie & Abby. Sweet treats for sweet girls!"Happy Birthday to you!" (Look at her serious face!)Now that is a table full of girls, right there!Time for presents...now she smiles! Mackenzie & her good friends, Emma & Kaycee! Emma and Mackenzie have been in the same class at church since they were babies. Kaycee was in Mackenzie's ELP class last year. Mack & Bella have also been in the same class at church since they were babies, and also in the same ELP class last year & this year. They are very good friends! Aubrey is another friend from church, who has also been in the same class as Mackenzie since they were babies.Karter is another sweet friend from church. She & Mackenzie are in Children's Choir together on Wednesday nights. The look on Mackenzie's face cracks me up...it's like "Okay, Mom, enough with the pictures!" (I tried to get pictures of Mackenzie with all of her friends, but I missed a few.)

No comments:

Post a Comment