Sunday, October 23, 2011

Uncle Clint's Wedding

We have been looking forward to Uncle Clint's wedding for nearly a year now! It was so sweet of he & Abigail to ask the girl's to be their Flower Girls. They looked precious in the sweet little dresses & shoes that Abigail found for them. I was a little worried about how a 2 & 5 year old would do in the wedding, but they were perfect little angels. Clint & Abigail were married in downtown OKC at the First Unitarian Church. Three hours before the ceremony, we went to the Skirvin Hotel to take pictures. That was a looonnng time for the girl's to be kind of "cooped up" but they really did great. When it was their turn to take a picture, they instantly turned on their smiles. One of my favorite pictures is the one of them sitting on the stairs, watching Uncle Clint have his picture taken. So sweet! When it was time to head to the church, the girls and G-Ma & I got to ride in the limo with Clint & his Groomsmen. That was very exciting! Mackenzie said, "This is a LONG car!"

I stayed in the back of the church with the girls until just before it was time for everyone to start walking in. When it was their turn, they walked perfectly down the aisle, holding hands & carrying their bouquets in their other hands. Everyone loved it! Their little faces were very serious, and I think they were a little bit nervous, but they did great. They walked straight to Uncle Clint & he leaned down and gave them hugs & kisses, then they came and sat down with us. It was very sweet...and I think it relaxed him just a little bit! As they were walking down the aisle, I thought about Dad and how much he would have loved to see that. I'm pretty sure he was smiling down on us! The really miraculous thing was that through the entire ceremony (almost an hour long) they sat completely silently! I was blown away & so proud of them. (The m&m's, fruit snacks & coloring books helped!)

Clint & Abigail's wedding ceremony was very beautiful. A very handsome Groom, a stunningly beautiful Bride, a church full of friends & family, and two very cute flower girls, made for the perfect wedding! I love my brother & his new wife and pray that God will bless their marriage every day.

After the wedding, it was off to the Petroleum Club for the best wedding reception I have ever been to! (Maybe other than my own, I guess!)

The girls & "Aunt Ag-e-ba!" in Madison's language. =0)So grown up... Madison was full of smiles!This was one of those moments that wasn't planned, but made for the perfect picture!G-Ma looked beautiful!I love my family!Riding in the Limo to the church.





Sitting out front of the church before the wedding started...Daddy was in charge at this point, and I am SURE glad they didn't get dirty! I didn't know they were lounging on the ground.

LOVE this picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment