Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanksgiving Feast at ELP

How fun...a Thanksgiving Feast at ELP! Of course I went to take pictures. I was the only mom there...I think I heard someone laughing at me when I took this picture of Mackenzie's plate, but I didn't care...this was her first Thanksgiving Feast, and I needed a picture of what she DIDN'T eat. Which was pretty much her entire plate of food. She picked at her roll, and ate maybe one green bean! She is a picky eater...she doesn't like mashed potatoes, turkey without ketchup (I know, that's gross but that's how I get her to eat it!), or carrots without ranch. She did love her turkey cookie and was so proud that I made them. The turkey cookies may be my favorite...they are so cute! It was fun to put each of their names on them! I am thankful for each child in Mackenzie's class, and especially for Ms. Nancy and Ms. Amy!"Tick-Tock, Tick-Tock, Now it's time to pray. We fold our hands, and bow our heads, and this is what we say...God is Great, God is Good, Let us thank Him for this food. Amen." Mackenzie loves saying this prayer every time we eat. So thankful that she is in an environment where she gets to pray before eating lunch each day!Mackenzie & Abby Mackenzie loves bread! It was fun to hear all of the kids get excited about what they brought to share with their friends at lunch. Mackenzie was sitting by Owen and Abby.
Technically, Mackenzie did eat "turkey" at her feast!

No comments:

Post a Comment