Sunday, November 14, 2010

Breakin' It Down In the Tub

The video's below show why Daddy wins the award for the most fun at bathtime! I love to listen while he gives baths! On this night, I just couldn't help but check out the fun. I was hesitant to put these videos on our blog, because obviously the girls don't have clothes on since they are in the bathtub...oh, the sweet innocence of little children. Hopefully no one is bothered by it. If you are, just don't watch them! Mackenzie knows how to bust a move, and now she is teaching Madison to do the same. So glad these girls have a daddy who spends time with them, and treats them like the special little princesses that they are. I recently read something from the book "Bringing Up Girls" by James Dobson that really jumped out at me...

"Fathers inevitably change the course of their daughters' lives....Without their fathers to protect and defend them, girls are often on their own against formidable forces. In short, the influence that dads wield for good or harm in their daughters' lives touches every dimension of life. Especially, it shapes and stabilizes girls' senses of worth and keeps alive their tender spirits. I urge all parents, but especially fathers, to work at building your daughter's self-concept throughout her childhood. Tell her she is pretty every chance you get. Hug her. Compliment her admirable traits. Build her confidence by giving her your time and attention. Defend her when she is struggling. And let her know that she has a place in your heart that is reserved only for her. She will never forget it."

As I read that, I was so thankful that God has given Mackenzie and Madison a Daddy who will strive to act out these things in their lives. Without a doubt, they have a wonderful father who loves them unconditionally, and who will encourage them to be all God has created them to be. Our goal as parents is to 1. To raise our children to know, love, and follow God with all their hearts, and 2. To pour love into them and give them a happy, healthy environment to grow up in. I think these videos exhibit that very well! I didn't intend for this blog post to be so long...that's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment