Friday, December 19, 2025

A New Car for Christmas

Wait, what?! I got a new car for Christmas?! Somewhat out of the blue, Brian found a new car for me and showed up at the school with it during Jack's Christmas party on the last day before the break. I really loved my Traverse and didn't want to get rid of it at all, but something was wrong with the transmission and it was going to be a major ordeal if we didn't trade it in. This Mazda CX9 is much smaller than the Traverse, which I like, and it has a sunroof!!! That is what really sold me! I have always wanted a sunroof and this is my first car that has one. Our car situation has been a major source of frustration and anxiety over the past year. This is one step in the right direction to get us back where we need to be. We are still constantly juggling cars around, with 4 drivers and only 3 vehicles, but we're making it work. Still hoping to get another car at some point before too much longer.
The dealership let Brian "borrow" it for the day to test it out, so I got to drive it around while I did some Christmas shopping. Then Brian went back to the dealership and actually bought it the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment