Thursday, July 10, 2025

Seeing All The Things

After mom finished at the conference Thursday afternoon, we set out to see all the things. We walked a grand total of 19,000+ steps, all after about 4:00 pm...impressive! We did the National Archives, we saw the FBI building, went to the National Portrait Gallery, had a delicious dinner at The Smith, then we made our way to the Washington Monument, WWII Memorial, Lincoln Memorial, Korea & Vietnam Memorials, MLK Memorial, and finally around to the FDR Memorial--where I'm glad we were not mugged, kidnapped or killed. It was pitch black walking over there and I was actually a little worried. We made it though!! We covered a lot of ground on this day. 
This is something I have never seen before. We just happened to walk by it on our way to the Portrait Gallery. We were definitely missing Uncle John! He would have loved to see these pics.
Another new place for me to visit...the National Portrait Gallery.
Dinner at The Smith. Very fancy & so good!
We were able to find a relative of Poppa's on the Vietnam wall memorial. 
Did I mention how HOT it was?! Our red faces should be proof enough! SO. HOT.
The I Have A Dream speech took place right here.
Dark trail all the way around this lake, to try to see the FDR Memorial = fail. Glad we lived to tell about it! =0) 

No comments:

Post a Comment