Sunday, July 13, 2025

Mount Vernon

On Sunday morning, we took a boat excursion up the Potomac River to Mount Vernon. I was very excited about this, because it was also something I have never done before. There are faster ways of getting there, but I just thought this would be fun and relaxing...and it was! It was strange and sad to be right there in the water where the airplane/helicopter crash happened a few months ago and to think about so many people dying there. We enjoyed our time at Mount Vernon, and got to walk through part of the house, even though it was still under construction. Hopefully when mom takes her group, it will be opened back up. Have I mentioned how HOT it was?! DC in the summer time is definitely a different experience than in the spring. When we got back from Mount Vernon, we ate dinner down at the Wharf at Gordon Ramsey's fish & chips place...so good! It was another excellent day in DC. Loved spending this time with my mom, so much!
It was really cool to arrive at Mount Vernon from the water and see it from this vantage point.
Mount Vernon, Lego-style, was amazing!!
Time to head back...

No comments:

Post a Comment