Mackenzie, Madison, Jonah & Jack,
I love being your Mom. It is the greatest joy of my life. I know Mother's Day is a day to celebrate moms, but it is also a day for me to celebrate each of you...always remember how very much your Momma loves you!
I saw this poem the other day & well, it is perfect...the fact that I get to be your mom is the greatest gift!
I get to be your mom.
I get to cover you in kisses and hear your laughter.
I get to receive your huge grin and twinkling eyes when you see me at school pick up.
I get to take your hand when you say, "come here mom!"
I get to lie with you in my arms while you fall asleep.
Even through the imperfect moments.
When you're not feeling well, and only mommy's chicken soup and cuddles can make you better.
When you fall riding your bike and sink into me when I pick you up.
When you decide to be brave and live out your passions and fail at first, and I wipe your tears.
I get to be your mom.
And the frustrating moments.
When you don't listen and eat a piece of chocolate when I turn my back.
When I yell, and you call me "mean mommy."
When you make a mess and refuse to help me clean.
When you come into bed and kick me all night, waking me up.
I get to be your mom.
And when I'm crying because I'm unsure of my abilities as a mom,
It's because I feel unworthy of you.
Because you are the best thing to ever happen to me.
And no matter how hard it gets,
and how frustrated and angry I seem.
You are still the reason
I smile so wide,
my heart overflows with love,
and why I'm the strong and better person I am today.
I'll always be grateful that I get to be your mom.
Oh, and I'm very thankful for your Daddy too, because he's an important part of making me a Mom too. Lol!



















No comments:
Post a Comment