This year for Mother's Day, Brian and the kids helped with a big landscaping project for me. Brian and I went to a greenhouse place and bought all kinds of plants and flowers. We had a little direction from our friend Rich on what to get, but we just picked some random things as well. We started to not do this, because we are gone all summer and aren't home to water anything, but I really wanted to make things look pretty. This is one of those things that I wish I could go back and NOT DO. This little project looked good for a very short time, but in the long run, everything died...and the worst part is that water seeped in under the front door and basically ruined our hardwood floors in the whole front entry part of our house. BOO. It's going to cost us anywhere from $500-$3,000 to fix it, depending on what we decide to do. So I think its safe to say this entire plan was a FAIL. But it was a sweet thought and it was nice to have pretty flower beds for a few weeks...maybe?! Next year, we will just re-mulch the whole thing and call that good. =0)
During:
Madison loved finding worms...ick!!
Even Jonah got in on the action! I love him so much!
We worked until well after dark. This plan with the light worked great, until a june bug came along and startled Jonah so bad that he threw the light and scared everyone! Hahaha!
After:
So pretty!
We planted some hostas and some other pretty things in the backyard flower beds too! The sun ended up being too hot for them back there, so we tried to replant them in the front, but I'm not sure they are going to make it there either. I just REALLY do not have a green thumb at all!






















No comments:
Post a Comment