I was so excited to go with Brian to the SBC Executive Retreat in Key Largo, Florida the first week of February. This came right after being snowed in, so I was more than a little happy to say goodbye to the cold weather for a few days! We were gone for 6 nights/7 days and this was the longest (by a lot) that I had ever been away from Jack. GMa & Rex and Poppa & Louise are amazing and joined forces to take care of all 4 kids so I could have this time away with Brian. I am so, so very thankful for them! I'm not sure that they understand how great of a blessing they are to me. To be able to have a break, without worrying about my babies, is truly so appreciated! I'm so thankful too, that Brian gets a travel budget for me to be able to travel with him like this every year.
We flew out on Saturday and got to Miami late that night. I've gotta say, it was so nice to sit back and relax with a book on that airplane, without a baby crawling all over me!
Things didn't exactly go smoothly getting from the airport to our hotel, because the rental car place was already closed for the night & the shuttle bus never showed up. After waiting for nearly 40 minutes, we finally just got an Uber to the hotel, where we waited another 30 minutes to get checked into our room. It wasn't the greatest experience, and I would not stay at this hotel again, but that's okay. I also had to go buy a new suitcase while we were on Miami, because mine came off the plane with a huge rip in it. No good! Brian got up early the next morning and took an Uber back to the airport to get our rental car. Then we headed to Grace Church Miami for their morning service. This is a church plant that Brian is looking into maybe working with on a GoStudents project.
Yessssss!!!
Here is the Quik video of our whole trip!
Goodbye, melting snow!
Masks were still required on the plane and in the airport, but it didn't seem quite as strict as in the past. Hoping those rules change soon, because flying with a mask on is just miserable.
So this is what it's like to fly without a baby...I forgot! Such a great book, by the way!
We felt a little like Lucy and Ricky that first night. We were too tired to care though, so we each had a bed to ourselves!
The only really good thing about our hotel was that it was right on the water and we had breakfast overlooking this beautiful view.
Palm trees just make me happy!
This stained glass was so pretty!
A quick trip to Ross solved the suitcase dilemma.

No comments:
Post a Comment