We got up early on Monday morning and made the 2 hour drive from Key Largo to Key West, blasting The Beach Boys Kokomo on repeat, until Brian said no more. We can now say that we have stood at the southern most point in the United States! We almost didn't go to Key West, because we didn't have very much time, but I'm really glad we did. We only had about an hour and a half to explore Key West before we had to head back for Brian's meetings to start. Of course Brian wanted to rent bikes! That was actually a great plan, because we got to see a lot in a short period of time that way. We saw where the cruise ships come in, but we never really saw a normal beach area...apparently that's not really a thing there?! I don't quite understand that. Maybe it was on the other side of the island or something and we just didn't see it. We rode around for about an hour, quickly bought a few souvenirs, and managed to find some Key Lime pie and Cuban sandwiches to eat on our drive back to Key Largo. I would definitely like to come back to Key West someday, when we have more time. 
This picture is proof that I can ride a bike and smile at the same time! It needed to be documented!
So. Good.
This was basically a map of all of Key West. It wasn't very big at all and definitely had an island vibe.
I should have gotten a spray tan before this trip.
I think maybe this was Hemingway's house. We saw everything so fast that I don't really even remember. I just know it was beautiful and tropical there!
And I couldn't resist the dark chocolate dipped, frozen Key Lime pie on a stick too. I didn't even know that I liked key lime pie, but I loved both of these!
My first Cuban sandwich...it was actually pretty good!

No comments:
Post a Comment