Sunday, August 29, 2021

Jonah's Baptism

We decided to have Jonah's baptism and his birthday party on the same Sunday, so our family could be there to celebrate both things with us. It was such a wonderful day, celebrating Jonah's decision to follow Jesus publicly through baptism, and also celebrating his 9th birthday! 
I'm so thankful that Brian has gotten to baptize all of our kids. (Just one more to go!)

"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." Matthew 28: 19-20

It starts at home! We are so, so happy that Jonah has decided to trust in Jesus and we pray that is a decision he takes seriously his entire life. I love this little boy so very much!

Jesus,
Thank you for Jonah.
Bless him and keep him, Make your face shine upon him & be gracious to him all of his days! We pray that he would love and follow you for his whole life! 
Amen.

Raised to walk in the newness of life!
This is the "official" video that the church sent to us.
He looks so grown up and handsome in this pic!



Jonah was definitely a little nervous, but he did great & we were very proud of how brave he was!
I liked it that he looked at me to make sure I was right there watching!
I really love that Brian turned and look at me for this picture...he knows my love language! =0) 
Always one of my favorite baptism pics...right after, with the big smile of happiness & relief!
Jonah Mark, you are deeply loved!
GMa got Jonah this really neat leather journal with his name engraved on it, to celebrate his baptism!

No comments:

Post a Comment