Tuesday, August 24, 2021

August Misc.

Here are some misc. moments from August. It was a busy month, getting settled back in from Falls Creek & starting school. 

Brian and I went to the Baked Bear one night when the kids were staying with GMa. Then we went to Mitch Park to take a little walk. Jack got to come along for the ride!
Dolphin Shows are still fun! =0) Kids spent a few days with GMa over our anniversary week. We took Jack out there on the day of our anniversary and then came back to pick him up and got to see a dolphin show. 
Blake came over to play one day and the kids decided to make a movie. I didn't realize until watching it that they made a "horror film." Hmm...let's not do that again?
Our friend Wade Morris died of Covid on August 3rd, our anniversary. He was the preacher for week 5o fFC when the girls were there. I talked to him a lot in the green room. He was such a great guy and we are just heartbroken... He got sick right after preaching at FC, so the assumption is that he got covid there. =0( 
I came across this 5 generation picture a few weeks ago...what a special moment in time! I miss my Grandma Jean and GG so much.
Let's go for a bike ride!
Mackenzie is now a sushi-eater...shrimp tempura roll, that is! No raw fish, but there is some crab meat in these. I was a little skeptical at first, but I ended up really liking it too! 
My favorite brown-eyed boy!
Just some fun throw-backs I came across...
And this one is crazy to me...looks so much like Mackenzie! I sent this pic to GMa and she actually thought it was Mackenzie at first. =0)
Wednesday night back to school kick off at church. I'm so glad Mackenzie is singing in the youth praise band again! 
I was sitting in the parking lot waiting for Mackenzie and well...it's just a strange thing for me to see her walking around with a boy. LOL! Sorry Mackenzie...I promise I wasn't spying on you. You just happened to walk by where I was sitting in the parking lot. I mean, what was I supposed to do? Take a picture, of course! =0) 
Does everyone have a junk drawer that looks like this when they clean it out? Where does this stuff even come from?!
I really dislike the process, but it feels so good when it is finished. If only it would last more than a few weeks!
We went to the lake for the day on Grandma Baldwin's birthday. 
And this is why he will always want to be the center of attention...
There seemed to be a lot of thunderstorms around the first part of August. Jonah is very afraid of lightning and thunder these days and constantly asks to look at the weather app on my phone. Poor guy! We reassure him all the time that he doesn't need to be afraid, but there's no changing his mind. 
Me on the first full day of school..."I'm going to get so much done today!"
Also me, 10 minutes later...
3rd day of school...August 20th...nearly 100*... 
2 out of 3 are confused about what season we are in...Apparently this is the thing with teenagers these days...wearing sweatshirts even though you're melting. 
Mackenzie is going to be in the Oklahoma Baptist Youth Choir this year & they had a training day one Saturday at a church in Midwest City.
When your fingernails match your drink, you take a picture.
Secondary has a school spirit day a few weeks into the school year. Each grade wears a different color & they have fun competitions. 
We went to the CHA vs OCS game and Madi got to run around with Adlee! They are both so shy and quiet that I think it was a little awkward at first, but I know they were glad to spend time together.
Jack was helping with Madi's homework...
Connie is the BEST!! After Jonah's birthday party, she stuck around and helped Madi with Pre-Algebra. 
But that's not all...then she helped Mackenzie with Geometry! Life. Saver.
Jonah didn't waste any time putting all of his new Lego sets together!
Wouldn't Bunny just love to see these pics of Jack and Madi playing with the giraffe she got for Madi just a few months before she passed away?! I sure wish she could have been here to love and know Jack. We miss her!!
An EFBC Freshmen pool party:
Madi's comics: (so funny & creative!)
Apparently Madi & Addi make these random videos' and send them to each other. Makes me laugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment