Monday, July 6, 2020

Week 3 with Jack

Jack's third week of life was the first week without any therapy lights! His fight with jaundice wasn't over yet, but we definitely enjoyed being able to cuddle and hold him without worrying about those silly lights! And I really enjoyed finally dressing him in all of his cute clothes! Because of Covid, we pretty much stayed home all of the time. I am definitely missing getting to show off this baby like I would if things were normal in our world. I know that time will come though. 

Why is it that the end of pregnancy seems to last forever and once the baby gets here, time flies?? Sweet little Jack is 3 weeks old today! He was a big surprise for our family...the rainbow baby I didn't think we would have...but God always has a plan and this baby boy completes our family so well! 

I don't remember for sure, but I'm guessing this picture was taken in the middle of the night. We are up pretty much every 2-3 hours these days.
Jack's first outing other than to the doctor was lunch at this little cafe on the 4th of July. We were planning to go to Salata, but it was closed so we had to go next door. We kept him completely covered up (except to take this pic) so he wouldn't get any germs on him! 
This baby boy gets the hiccups all of the time! 
I tried to put him in the sun a little bit each day, to help with the jaundice.
Jack spits up a lot & I'm learning that these bandana bibs are the best!
He already looks annoyed with my picture taking...he's going to have to get over that! 
His little heels had pricks all over them. =0(
Maybe I've just forgotten, but I can't even believe how many diapers we go through in a 24 hour period! 
It was around this time that I started putting Jack in the dock-a-tot in his crib. I'm so glad G-Ma found this at a garage sale for $55 and we didn't have to pay $175 for it! He loves it though, and I think its going to work great for us.
Showin' off his muscles! =0) 
This little onesie was one of my favorites.
I registered for these earphones, thinking they would be good for Falls Creek. Hopefully they will still fit him next summer! So funny! 
Almost midnight...that means the parties about to start right?! #sosleepy #gotosleepjack #wideeyes
 Officially 3 Weeks Old! 
This was one of Jonah's little outfits that I loved so much.
If it's got Mickey on it, you know I love it! 
Breastfeeding is HARD...It HURTS HURTS HURTS! Plus, so much unknown with Jack's jaundice situation...I wanted breastfeeding to work so bad, so I was determined to stick with it. 
I didn't know this was a thing...but these are actually pretty good! Hopefully they help me keep my milk supply.
This schedule is BRUTAL though...especially when it's all on me. (And I'm OLD this time!)

No comments:

Post a Comment