Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Bunny

For the past few years, our family has been so blessed by the presence of Uncle John's special "friend," Bunny. Yep, that's her "real" name! Bunny was from Chicago, but when she moved here to be with Uncle John, she became family to us. She didn't have kids of her own, and she kind of just adopted our kids as if they were her grandkids. Anytime we saw her for a holiday, she came bearing gifts for them...their favorite & most remembered will always be the massive bags of gummy worms she would bring! They were definitely spoiled by her at Christmas and on their birthdays! She got to experience the world of Legos in a whole new way when she started shopping for them. =0) The last gift Bunny gave was to Madison...she bought her the life-size giraffe she was wanting after her bike accident. I think Bunny had an especially sympathetic heart for what Madi went through, with the g-tube for several days, because she had experienced it multiple times and knew how awful it really was. I will always remember texting Bunny pictures and videos of the kids playing with that giraffe and how funny her responses were to it. One thing about Bunny...if she had a thought about something...anything...it was sure to come out of her mouth...and many times, with a cuss word attached to it. She had a heart of gold, but she could come across a little, hmmm...bold? at times! 
Bunny had a form of leukemia and she knew that she didn't have a long life expectancy. It was always baffling to me, because she seemed so healthy and full of life anytime we were around her. Her disease gradually progressed though, and in June, she went back to Chicago to be with her family. We found out on July 7th that she passed away, and our hearts were broken. I so wish she could have met Jack...she would have loved him! 
Brian shared the Gospel with Bunny, I sent her cards and texts with scripture, and we prayed for her often...while we don't know for sure if Bunny knew Jesus, we hope and pray that she did. 
Bunny had a "larger than life" personality and we will sure miss her!
This was my last text conversation with Bunny..."Take good care Candace!!!"
I am so thankful to have this card from Bunny. I miss her!
And this was one of our text threads about the giraffe! I'm so glad that my kids brought Bunny happiness and laughter at the end of her life.


No comments:

Post a Comment